UNIKOTE 'M' COATING
Unikote M is a refractory coating material designed to provide a protective surface layer over ceramic fiber modules.
Unikote M is for medium to high temperature, gas fired furnaces where contaminants are not severe.
Refractory coating material
- Applied over weld on or veneering modules hot face surface
- Used to reduce airbron fiber or other refractory particles
Unikote M” is applied to the Module hot face surface either by spraying (or) brushing. It is supplied in a dry state and then mixed approximately 55% weight by water. The slurry should be roughly agitated with a power drill motor until complete mixing is achieved. The solids portion will have a tendency to settle down, brief agitation may be necessary. After installation it is recommended that UNIKOTE is allowed to air dry 24 hrs before the furnace is fired.
- Easily applied over weld or Module hot face and furnace top floors
- Adhere readily to fiber modules during the thermal cycling process
- Reduces module shrinkage by keeping the hot face “tight”
- Guards the ceramic fiber Module against metal oxide, chemical and contaminant attack
- Protects against the velocity damage and erosion from particulate matter
- Excellent resistance to chemical attack exceptions includes hydrochloric acid, Phosphoric acid and strong alkalies
The values given herein are typical values obtained in accordance with accepted test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variations.
They are supplied as a technical service and are subject to change without notice. Therefore, the data contained herein should not be used for specification purposes.