ceramic fiber bULK
Cera/Cerawool : Refractory fibers made from alumina and silica
Cerachem : Refractory fibers made from Alumina, Silica and Zirconia
The above grade of fibers are impervious to most chemicals except Hydrofluoric & Phosphoric acids and strong alkalies
Bulk Refractory Fiber
- Raw material for the manufacture of finished products such as Boards, Shapes, Paper & Yarn
- Expansion joints, Patching and emergency repair in furnaces, boilers, heaters etc
- Loose insulating fill for crowns, walls of kilns and furnaces
- Packing material for temporary of insulation
- Precursor for engineered fibers
- Excellent thermal stability with good resistance to devitrification at high temperatures
- Lower thermal conductivity
- Excellent thermal shock resistance
- Excellent chemical stability
- Low heat storage capacity
- High resiliency
- Good sound absorption
Cerawool : 1200 ° C
Cera Blanket : 1260° C
Cerachem Blanket : 1425° C
The Maximum use temperature depends on the application. In case of doubt, refer to MMTCL Technical service for advice.
The values given herein are typical values obtained in accordance with accepted test methods and are subject to normal manufacturing variations.
They are supplied as a technical service and are subject to change without notice. Therefore, the data contained herein should not be used for specification purposes.
Check with your Thermal Ceramics office to obtain current information